HomeAboutContact

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Dr.Seuss's Birthday






















This is by far and away my favorite day of the year! I always enjoy a day when I can share one of my favorite authors with children! Of course we never have time to do all of the fun activities that I would like to do, but we do get in a lot of them. We read lots of stories including: The Cat in the Hat, Yertle the Turtle, Too Many Daves, and My Many Colored Days. Since our school is creating our own Dr.Seuss Day next week we will get a chance to finish up some of the things that we didn't get to. Our crafts included a Dr.Seuss hat, and turtles. We worked on writing numbers from 1-30 on hats, a worksheet shared from the Kindergarten Hoppenings blog - see the link on the right. On Friday some of our 3rd grade friends are planning to visit and buddy read more Dr.Seuss stories with us. We love Dr.Seuss!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment